Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Slow motion

So have you ever watched your child doing something that you knew would not end well but it felt like it was happening in slow motion and you could do nothing to stop it? That happened to me today while I was playing outside with Mackenzie. She threw her ball down the hill on the side of our house and laughed as she watched it roll down. I said "let's go get it" and she proceeded to start to run down the sidewalk, not taking into account the fact that she was on a hill. She fell face first on all fours and her face --literally. I ran to get her, knowing that damage had definitely been done. She looked at me with blood streaming out of her mouth and could not stop screaming. I ran inside with her and went into nurse mode assessing the damage and am happy to report that all her teeth are still there (she only has 6 so to lose one would be a disaster). When we got all the blood cleaned up (thank goodness for oxi clean) she ended up with two scraped knees, a scraped hand and a fat upper lip with grazes on her nose and below it.
I guess next time I say let's go get the ball I need to make sure she is running on the grass!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Mackenzie, I'm so sorry this happened to you. I hope Mom has fun bandaids, and not those boring brown ones. Love, Grandma

    ReplyDelete