Today was Mackenzie's first day of school...well actually it's just a once a week mother's morning out program but still a big deal for us. Last night I packed her lunch (deli meat, string cheese, bread and a fruit bar). This morning she had a protein packed breakfast of scrambled eggs and she was ready to go. We drove over to our friend Collin's house (mommy is Brooke) and took some pictures since he is in her class and also on his way to the first day of school. Since she had no idea what was going on she was her usual uncooperative self when it came to picture taking (refused to stay still or look at the camera). Cameron stayed home from work today --he's sick with a cold that Mackenzie shared with all of us, so he got to come with us. When we got to John's Creek United Methodist Church we pulled into the parking lot and all piled out. The classroom has a large window that you pass your child through (to prevent leg clinging). I handed Mackenzie over and braced for the tears and the screaming. Instead she looked at me and then began to focus on the classroom. I have to admit I was a little offended that I didn't even get a whimper when I left her.
The rest of my morning was filled with uninterrupted house work. It's amazing how much you can get done when you don't have a toddler unplugging the vacuum or emptying the kitchen cabinets creating even more mess. Caleb and I also got to hang out and have some one-on-one time which was nice.
four hours goes by fast though and before I knew it it was time to go get her. She began to cry the moment she saw me (redeeming herself a little) and gave me a big hug. Her teachers said that she had a great day and was a "good talker."
Here's her report card and her art project for the day...
We can't wait until next week!


I am so glad Cameron was sick today! Well done Mackenzie, I'm so glad you had fun. The poem made me cry (I'm such a wimp). Love you all!
ReplyDelete