Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Thanksgiving

This Thanksgiving we went to Warner Robins, GA to be with Cameron's family. I don't recommend ever traveling on the day before Thanksgiving...it took us over 3 1/2 hours to get there when it normally takes us only 2. Mackenzie doesn't sleep in the car and so she missed her nap that day and was a crazy woman by dinner time. She turned into that hyper-can't stop moving or I'll fall asleep-baby. On Thursday we went to Aunt Diane's house (as is tradition, well it has been for the last 5 years, I don't know about before that) to eat. I brought a cream-cheese dessert which went over well (thankfully I wasn't required to put the calories or fat grams on it :). Now you would think that with all the food around that Mackenzie would eat a good amount, well you'd be wrong. She ate about a half a cup of macaroni and cheese and a quarter of a bread roll --pathetic.
Mackenzie did have fun with her cousins Brianna, Connor, and Josh (who is a cousin something removed but I just say cousin). The respective moms took them on a walk, they really needed to get outside and we talked to the neighbor's Great Dane dog which was taller than Cameron when it stood up on the fence! We travelled home that night and thankfully, it only took us 2 hours to get back.
I am so thankful for both of my happy, healthy children and their wonderful daddy.



Mackenzie and Brianna and Connor

Caleb and Great-Grandma Mosier



Mackenzie sharing her water with the Great Dane next door

Caleb and Grandma Meyer

No comments:

Post a Comment