So we all packed into the car on a very cold Saturday to go to see Santa. It was lunch time so we went to Chick-fil-a to eat first. Mackenzie is obsessed with dipping things and really likes the honeymustard sauce there. Then we went to the Avenues (an outdoor mall) to see Santa. When we pulled up though he wasn't there and I was thinking "great I got these kids dressed and out the door, no small feat, and now the big guy isn't even here and we'll have to do this again another day." Luckily, Santa had been moved inside a photo studio (picture people) due to the cold. We ended up having to wait in line for about 30 min. Cameron and I switched off holding Caleb while the other went outside with Mackenzie to walk. Everytime she passed a speaker playing music she would stop and dance (she loves music and dancing). When we finally got in to see Santa Mackenzie was actually excited (I had heard bad reports from some of her peers and was nervous). She went right up to him and got up in his lap and was grinning the whole time. Caleb was a little confused at first but did pretty well. Mackenzie got a candy cane and wanted to eat it in the car while I fed Caleb. I usually don't let her eat candy but it was from Santa so I gave it to her. She really enjoyed it, go figure, and was a sticky mess. I'm not sure what she asked him for, I'm just happy she was happy.
Monday, December 14, 2009
Santa!
So we all packed into the car on a very cold Saturday to go to see Santa. It was lunch time so we went to Chick-fil-a to eat first. Mackenzie is obsessed with dipping things and really likes the honeymustard sauce there. Then we went to the Avenues (an outdoor mall) to see Santa. When we pulled up though he wasn't there and I was thinking "great I got these kids dressed and out the door, no small feat, and now the big guy isn't even here and we'll have to do this again another day." Luckily, Santa had been moved inside a photo studio (picture people) due to the cold. We ended up having to wait in line for about 30 min. Cameron and I switched off holding Caleb while the other went outside with Mackenzie to walk. Everytime she passed a speaker playing music she would stop and dance (she loves music and dancing). When we finally got in to see Santa Mackenzie was actually excited (I had heard bad reports from some of her peers and was nervous). She went right up to him and got up in his lap and was grinning the whole time. Caleb was a little confused at first but did pretty well. Mackenzie got a candy cane and wanted to eat it in the car while I fed Caleb. I usually don't let her eat candy but it was from Santa so I gave it to her. She really enjoyed it, go figure, and was a sticky mess. I'm not sure what she asked him for, I'm just happy she was happy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment