Mackenzie and I used to take walks before bed when the weather was warmer, this is when her obsession with the moon first started. We would see it just beginning to show in the night sky and it was something that I would point out to keep her attention while we finished our route. Then we went to visit my parents and my mother picked up on the fact that Mackenzie liked the moon. She began to take her outside every night to look for the moon, an activity that Mackenzie loved. To make matters worse, the room that she was staying in had a glow in the dark moon and stars in it. By the time we got back to our house the obsession was in full swing. I must tell her at least twice a day that the moon has gone "na, night" and won't be awake again until it is dark. Then of course when it gets dark she wants to see it. I used to take her outside to look but now that it's so cold we have to look out the window. The picture is the first time that it was visible through the window above our front door. She was so excited that she could see the moon all by herself and kept saying "MOON, MOON mama, MOON." I think if she could tell you she'd say that when she grows up she wants to be an astronaught or an astronomer. Hopefully, she'll grow out of this, I've heard that telescopes aren't cheap :)
Saturday, December 5, 2009
MOON!!!
Mackenzie and I used to take walks before bed when the weather was warmer, this is when her obsession with the moon first started. We would see it just beginning to show in the night sky and it was something that I would point out to keep her attention while we finished our route. Then we went to visit my parents and my mother picked up on the fact that Mackenzie liked the moon. She began to take her outside every night to look for the moon, an activity that Mackenzie loved. To make matters worse, the room that she was staying in had a glow in the dark moon and stars in it. By the time we got back to our house the obsession was in full swing. I must tell her at least twice a day that the moon has gone "na, night" and won't be awake again until it is dark. Then of course when it gets dark she wants to see it. I used to take her outside to look but now that it's so cold we have to look out the window. The picture is the first time that it was visible through the window above our front door. She was so excited that she could see the moon all by herself and kept saying "MOON, MOON mama, MOON." I think if she could tell you she'd say that when she grows up she wants to be an astronaught or an astronomer. Hopefully, she'll grow out of this, I've heard that telescopes aren't cheap :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Tater loves the moon too, but we do our moon visits in the a.m. on the way to work. When the moon disappears behind the trees, its bye bye moon, then moon again when it pops out. Funny how they get attached to things. We love the bus too, but you probably don't see as many of those since we travel during school hours and I'm sure you stay clear of that :) Loved, loved, loved the card!
ReplyDelete