Monday, December 14, 2009
Cameron's Christmas Party
So apparently the CEO of Cameron's company is a little weird and so this year he came up with a theme for the Christmas party: athletic formal wear. Now this seems like a contradiction in terms and, well, it is. Cameron is not an out of the box kind of person and so asking him to dress up "weird" for a formal Christmas party was a stretch. He did eventually come around and wore a tennis shirt and tennis shoes to the party. I wore an athletic jacket with a formal dress and a whistle for my necklace with my hair in a ponytail. It was absolutely freezing that night but luckily we got to park directly across the street from the Fox theater (the party was in one of the ball rooms). Dinner was good and then they had an improv comedy troupe come and perform. After the show we broke off into 5 or 6 groups and did improv activities with one of the actors. It was a little ackward at first but everyone got into it and it actually turned out to be a lot of fun. There was a costume contest and the 4 best costumes had to act out a scene using improv. One of the men actually had a wetsuit bottom on with snorkel gear -- impressive. The winner got 1500$, not a bad prize. It was a great night and Cameron and I had a lot of fun without the kids although I winced a little when I calculated how much we spent on babysitting -- yikes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Sounds like fun, I love theme parties, but would have been a little stage shy I believe. We too hit a party this season and the babysitting was sickening - I guess it was a good thing the party was free :)
ReplyDelete