Well, officially, Mackenzie has been 6m old for a few weeks now but we just had her 6m check up at the doctor so I can now publish all of her stats. She weighed 15lb 7oz. ( 40th percentile) was 26 inches tall (50th percentile) and her head was 42.5 cm. (70th percentile). She is up from her 4 month check up where she was in the 25th percentile for height and weight. (her head has always been big). She did have to have her usual set of 3 shots and an oral vaccine. She hated the oral vaccine and managed, even with mommy pinching her cheeks and blowing in her face, to spit some of it out on the nurse. She did fairly well with the shots and was "all better" minutes after they were given. She did get a fever and feel sleepy the next day but Tylenol worked wonders and she survived it just fine.
Among her newest skills is her ability to sit "unassisted" and watch TV or play with toys at the same time. She has begun to roll all over the place and often gets stuck up against the couch which frustrates her to no end.
Mackenzie still strongly dislikes solid food of any kind and much prefers her bottle (she keeps trying to convince me that they do indeed make bottles big enough for 5yr. olds to take to kindergarten and I shouldn't mess with a good thing). I can't really tell what foods she likes and what she dislikes because she makes the same face with all of it -- disgust.
Mackenzie's favorite toys include a giraffe that vibrates and sings (only one song, though, whoever makes these toys obviously doesn't have to listen to the same tune over and over and over or they'd include some new ones). She likes to watch Baby Einstein Old MacDonald's farm and has turned her pacifier into a toy and no longer likes it as a soothing item (her thumb has replaced it).
I can't believe my little baby is half way to one year old! Time is flying by so fast now and as much as I want her to progress and grow and learn new things I am going to miss her being my cuddly little baby.


No comments:
Post a Comment