Well, as many of you know, I have recently purchased a sewing machine and am hoping to one day claim that "I can sew." I took a sewing class at Joann Fabrics last Saturday and was really the most clueless one in the class. When the teacher said that we were going to "thread a bobbin" I was the only one who had to be told what exactly a bobbin was and why I would want to thread it. At the end of the class I had managed to sew a black piece of cotton fabric in half -- now this may not sound impressive to some but if you had been in the class for the million questions and blank stares that I had you may consider the fact that I sewed anything a real feat. At the end of the class a sewing machine rep. came and tried to sell us some of her machines, there was one that was $9000.00 dollars (yes there are really 3 zeros behind the 9). If I'm going to spend $9000 on a machine it had better sew the fabric for me and clean my bathrooms!
So, later in the week I decided to go back to Joanne Fabrics and purchase some sewing supplies. I decided to put Mackenzie in the shopping cart to see if I could buy myself some more time to browse. She sat up okay but needed to be propped up on both sides (I had to use various things that happened to be in my car to accomplish this). She loved getting to sit up and see everything and lasted a lot longer than she probably would have in her carrier. The best part of the whole trip had to be at check out when a lady said to me "what a cute baby...look at that hair!"


No comments:
Post a Comment