Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, August 22, 2008

Fun with Grandma and Granddad Campbell 8/17/08






























So my parents are officially "empty nesters." My youngest brother Colin has just started his Freshman year at UNC, this of course means that he is no longer living at home. So I'm sure that dropping him off and leaving the campus caused many tears and the phrase "remember when" was probably used quite often on the drive away. A scene that I'm sure will repeat itself when I have to drop Mackenzie off at Kindergarten for the first day of school (let's not think about that too much, there may be premature crying). My parents decided to help them ease the transition by visiting my older younger brother Shawn in Charlotte and checking out his first apartment (congrats.) then coming and seeing Mackenzie (and Cameron and I, but that's just because we're Mackenzie's parents and happen to live with her :). They, like all good grandparents, came bearing gifts. Mackenzie now has 2 UNC onesizes and a UNC bear so that she can support the team during basketball season. Misty also has a UNC bandana which she tolerates but looks very cute in. I realized how much I miss living near them when they had to leave but can't wait to see them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment