Neither Mackenzie nor I have ever been to the infamous Varsity restaurant down town. So when Mackenzie's Honorary Aunt Kristin (my best friend/college roommate from Jacksonville) came up last Wednesday we decided we had to go. On Friday Cameron was working from home and so we took advantage of the extra hands and started our trip to the Varsity. Mackenzie, true to form, fell asleep in the car sucking/chewing on her burp cloth.
I have to admit, I never realized how big the place was just driving by. I thought it was your typical little hole in the wall diner, but this place was huge. We walked in and the eating area just kept going and going! Luckily the menu was easy to understand. Cameron is the king of getting parking spots close to the enterance but notoriously bad at picking which line to go in. Sure enough we were in the slowest (I'm not just saying that, it really was the worst).
So Kristin ordered two chili cheese dogs with onion rings, Cameron ordered a bacon cheeseburger with fries and I being the weird vegetarian ordered a garden salad. To my credit, however, I did have onion rings to somewhat balance out the salad (which was surprisingly good). Mackenzie said that she would stick with her bottle and thought that we would be better off doing the same.
Before we left we had to take one of those really touristy pictures with our varsity hats on (they didn't quite fit Kristin and I, probably because they are made for kids :P ) We then proceeded to block half of the hallway to get the shot. The outing was finished with chocolate shakes and a drive around down town Atlanta.


Too precious! Love the hats.
ReplyDelete