Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, August 28, 2009

Caleb Shaun Meyer






Our newest addition is Baby Caleb born on June 30, 2009. He is almost 8 weeks old and cute as can be. He has red hair but we aren't sure what color his eyes will be yet (it changes depending on the outfit). Right now he is eating around 5 ounces every 3-4 hours during the day. At night he still gets me up around 2:00-3:00 in the morning then again around 6:00-7:00. I am desperately waiting for the day when he drops the 2am feeding. During the day he typically sleeps when he is not eating although, recently, he has started having a few wakeful periods for about 20min. He is already wearing 3month clothes due to his rapid weight gain (he's very chunky) and love of eating. He is so different from Mackenzie in his size and readiness to eat.
Mackenzie isn't quite sure if she really likes her new baby brother. She definitely doesn't like it when he is occupying my lap and has even hit him a few times on the head out of anger and frustration (just today in fact). On the other hand she becomes very concerned when he cries and tries to give him his pacifier (still unsuccessfully but I have taught her that it doesn't go in his eyes which is where she was originally trying to put it). I keep telling her that he will be fun one day (I don't think she believes me).

No comments:

Post a Comment