So as I said before, we had scheduled Mackenzi'es birthday party for the worst/best snow day of the year. My parents were already in town but all of the Meyer family were stuck in Warner Robins. We had a ton of food though and decided to go through with it despite the absences. Jessica Hoskins and her twin boys Caleb's age were able to come so Caleb had some friends. Mackenzie and I were also sick/getting sick so she was pretty tired after the snow fun and the party. When it came time for cake she did get a kick out of the Dora and friends on her cake but we weren't able to capture a smile on camera due to her 2 yr. old stubborness around cameras (she refuses to smile at them). Granddad and Grandma Campbell got her a sand and water table which we will be using a lot when it gets warm and Jessica got her a Minnie mouse doll with clothes and accessories (she sleeps in her bed now :). Mackenzie has a definate love of frosting but usually leaves the cake. Which is great since I spent all of one afternoon getting the cake -- they left off the Boots the monkey character and had to go to another store to get it after making me wait in the bakery for an hour while they "looked" for one. Then I had to go back to get the cake after they fixed it and added Boots, in the snow, only to find when I cut it that it didn't have the rasberry filling that I had ordered! It was not fun but gosh darn it I was paying for Dora and Boots and I wanted Dora and Boots. She still plays with Boots so I feel somewhat justified in the amount of time that it took to get him. It was a great day in spite/because of the weather shared with family and friends.
Saturday, April 24, 2010
Mackenzie's Many Birthday Parties -- Part 1
So as I said before, we had scheduled Mackenzi'es birthday party for the worst/best snow day of the year. My parents were already in town but all of the Meyer family were stuck in Warner Robins. We had a ton of food though and decided to go through with it despite the absences. Jessica Hoskins and her twin boys Caleb's age were able to come so Caleb had some friends. Mackenzie and I were also sick/getting sick so she was pretty tired after the snow fun and the party. When it came time for cake she did get a kick out of the Dora and friends on her cake but we weren't able to capture a smile on camera due to her 2 yr. old stubborness around cameras (she refuses to smile at them). Granddad and Grandma Campbell got her a sand and water table which we will be using a lot when it gets warm and Jessica got her a Minnie mouse doll with clothes and accessories (she sleeps in her bed now :). Mackenzie has a definate love of frosting but usually leaves the cake. Which is great since I spent all of one afternoon getting the cake -- they left off the Boots the monkey character and had to go to another store to get it after making me wait in the bakery for an hour while they "looked" for one. Then I had to go back to get the cake after they fixed it and added Boots, in the snow, only to find when I cut it that it didn't have the rasberry filling that I had ordered! It was not fun but gosh darn it I was paying for Dora and Boots and I wanted Dora and Boots. She still plays with Boots so I feel somewhat justified in the amount of time that it took to get him. It was a great day in spite/because of the weather shared with family and friends.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment