Ok, so I have gotten totally caught up in life and have forgotten to blog so I'm going to have to play catch up...
Well, Mackenzie's second birthday party happened to be scheduled on the day that we got snow and lots of it! The party was much smaller than expected but we had a great morning playing in the snow in our front yard. Our neighbors were out with their girls (Amanda 4 and Brooke 2) and Grandma Campbell braved the cold with us. We all built a snowgirl and the adults had a mini snowball fight. Mackenzie loved every minute of it but her favorite thing to do was get a handful of snow and eat it like an apple -- weird. She also got a kick out of picking up handfuls of snow and smushing it on people's pants. Our dog Misty ran the entire time like she was a puppy. I was so nervous that she would re-injure her knee but she did great and took a long nap later. Towards the end of the morning some of our neighbors brought over a plastic sled and I took Mackenzie down the hill once on it. Let's just say that roller coasters are not in her near future. She did fine until we actually went down the hill part then all I heard was "no, no, no, no...all done!" We only did it once then it was back to eating snow and smushing it on people :) Caleb made a debut after his nap and I can't wait to see him next year when he can get down and play in it. It was a great morning and made the cold weather worth it for one day at least.


No comments:
Post a Comment