Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 16, 2010


So my little girl has turned two...I can't believe it and like most parents, I think, I don't know where the time has gone. Cameron and I did the typical "do you remember what we were doing this time two years ago..." and enjoyed remembering our surprise at her early arrival. She has become quite the little girl and loves her hair clips and putting on new "outfits." Mackenzie loves to dress up now and will walk around the house in her movie star sunglasses and pink sparkle shoes. She is putting 4-5 words together now and will tell you quite the story especially about her favorite TV show "Little Einsteins" and her second favorite "Dora". While she has started to have a few temper tantrums she is actually quite easy to discipline (so far). We have not started formally potty training but last night she got up out of the bath to go poopy on the potty (I was so thankful to not have to clean it up out of the bath), so she's pretty ready, mommy just doesn't quite have the energy to do it yet. At her check up she was in the 10th percentile for weight and the 60th percentile for height (maybe it will stay that way and she can eat pancakes with butter and syrup every morning for breakfast, lucky girl). She still sleeps with her blue and white dog and pink blanket although all stuffed animals are her buddies. Coloring with crayons and playing with playdough are some of our new and favorite activities and she is always up for a walk when it's warm enough outside. Her new baby brother is starting to grow on her and she loves to go wake him up from his naps and sit with him in his crib. I love watching them when they're so sweet together (not always the case :). I can't imagine my life without my little girl and am so glad that God blessed us with such a special daughter. We love you Mackenzie!

No comments:

Post a Comment