Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Bug

Ok so the Meyer family has officially survived it's first stomach bug. Mackenzie, as usual, was ground zero and I'm pretty sure she got it from church. We have all taken turns throwing up and other such unpleasantries. Caleb definitely takes the cake for the most pitiful. I went to check on him before I went to bed and found him covered in vomit. I picked him up and he started to throw up and continued to through his bath and for at least an hour afterwards. I hate it when they look at you with those big pitiful eyes like "mommy why is this happening please make it stop" and you feel so helpless. He was so tired but everytime I put him down he would start to gag and throw up. So I "slept" with him on my chest in our rocker (I use quotations because no sleeping occurred on my part). Finally at 5am I put him in bed (attempt 3) and he finally lay down without being sick. I then went and woke Cameron up to sleep in the room with him while I got 2 hours of sleep so I could try to function.
Well, the kids and I are feeling much better and I think Cameron should be recovered fully in the next day or two. In the meantime I have started the decontamination process which has started in the bathrooms, just what you want to do when you get better from a stomach virus...clean toilets.

No comments:

Post a Comment