Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Labor Day Weekend


For Labor Day Weekend we traveled to the great state of Alabama to a place called Lake Martin. Apparently, we weren't the only people traveling on the Friday because a 3hr trip took us 5 1/2 hours! Mackenzie was good for most of the trip with the exception of eating. She was starving but when we would stop to feed her she would look and laugh at everything except the bottle (much like at play group when she has A.D.D.). We would put her in the car and about 5 minutes later she would cry -- very frustrating! After two such stops I had had enough and reached over the seat with the bottle and put it into her mouth. She sucked down all 8 ounces, silly baby. We then had to stop again to let her burp -- ridiculous. The house that we stayed at was a gorgeous 3 story house directly on the lake with a dock, boat, and jet ski. We put Mackenzie to bed and talked with Trent and Neica Asher whose friends own the house. The next morning we had pancakes, bacon, and fruit for breakfast -- thanks to Neica for cooking. Shortly after, Jason and Amanda Scruggs arrived. We all spent the day boating and jet skiing, taking turns watching Mackenzie.




Mackenzie had her first swim in the lake and was quite apprehensive at first. She did not like the fact that the water was not bath-water warm. After she got over this and figured out how to hold herself up in the float she started doing her leg kicks and even smiled a few times. I don't think it's her favorite activity yet but I think when she is big enough to actually fit in the float she will like it better.






Misty our yellow lab on the other hand loved the water and tapped into her retriever instincts. She was hesitant at first but eased into the water via concrete steps. We started to throw the tennis ball and she was hooked. The only thing we couldn't get her to do was jump off the side of the lake into the water. (I did throw her in a few times).


We made a run to Winn Dixie that night for grilling supplies. We soon realized that we were on Alabama time and that nothing was done quickly. After dinner the guys watched some football and the girls played cards. Neica, the only non-competative one out of the three of us won -- I think God was trying to humble Amanda and I (I hate those lessons :). On Sunday we went tubing and I managed to stay on despite the fact that I was apparently too close to the front of the tube and was getting water constatntly thrown in my face. I am still sore from this and it's Wednesday!



Everyone but Cameron went to dinner that night at a resteraunt on the lake (Cameron was a wonderful husband and volunteered to stay with Mackenzie who was in bed -- big brownie points).


We then had "movie night" and went to bed to the sounds of a blue grass band playing not too far away. It was a wonderful weekend and we hope to repeat it next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment