Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

School Days

I am behind on Mackenzie's school progress so here's a re-cap of the past two Fridays...
They have been working on the color yellow in her class so two weeks ago she had to wear yellow to school. Thank goodness for Kristin Diehl my best friend (who lives in Jacksonville) she had visited shortly before that and gotten Mackenzie a yellow tank top. We have always had totally different color palates when it comes to clothes (she is a yellow, orange, red kinda girl and I go for the pastels). Mackenzie wore her yellow with pride although I'm not sure she really knows yellow from pink yet :) She actually participated in the art project that week and loved to point to her flower and get me to hold her up so she could "sniff" it.
Good report card (as usual)...

This past week was spirit week so Mackenzie wore her school shirt. They also had Chick-fil-a brought to the class. I opted not to get Mackenzie any since she never eats the fruit or the chips when we go out and would only have 4 nuggets for lunch. Apparrently, she had a big fit when she did not get any and knocked her lunch on the floor which made her even more upset so Cameron got a phone call from the school to ask if she could have some. She then ate all the food including the fruit and the chips -- that little stinker. So now I have signed her up to get Chick-fil-a every spirit day.
The paint that they used in her art project was still on her hands all day even after washing. She would periodically notice it and say "uh-oh" and give it a kiss (cute at first then I got tired of hearing "uh-oh" "uh-oh"!)

Place-mat--
That night was one of the few times Mackenzie decided to be sweet with Caleb and wanted to hug him and kiss him. The three of us had fun on the couch while Cameron was his usual role of photographer.

No comments:

Post a Comment