My best friend Kristin just recently had twins and I wanted to go and see them in Jacksonville. So I braved the open road with my two kids and drove to Orlando so that mom and dad could watch them (I figured my kids plus her two newborn twins would be a bit much :) The trip down was actually really good. We left at 4am and only made 3 stops. The kids had no problem settling in at grandma's house. I left them for 4 days while I visited Kristin and I'm pretty sure they were having so much fun they forgot to miss me. One day Mackenzie ended up digging a hole in the yard and then filling up her watering can and making a mud puddle. She then took the mud and fed the various animal figurines that my mom has in the yard. Yeah, that kind of stuff doesn't happen here (mainly because you can't dig in red clay and it is really hard to get out of clothes). We had our own Easter Bunny come and did Easter baskets a little early. I swear it was like Christmas, the kids loved it of course. Caleb decided to start crawling for real and pulling up on the couch, two big milestones that neither parent got to witness, the nerve :) Mackenzie still talks about "Grandma's House" and frequently says that she misses grandma. My dad feels a little leftout but I tell him that Caleb talks about him all the time :) "Mackenzie love grandma" and so do I.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment