Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, July 28, 2008

Fun in the Tub


So we have always done bath time in Mackenzie's bath tub with a sort of head rest and mommy on the outside. Tonight, I decided it might be fun to have a bath in the garden tub with lots of room to splash. So I put on my bathing suit bottoms (cried a little when I looked in the mirror) and prepared to get wet. Mackenzie kept scooting off of her seat and wanted her head in the water. After several minutes of fighting over this point, I finally gave in and let her lie on the bottom of the bath tub with her head in the water. I have never seen her so active. She had both arms and legs going and would have been doing the backstroke if she had more room (ok so maybe I exaggerate her skill somewhat but I figure it's my right as her mom). She did splash water in her eyes a few times and got quite startled but after a few seconds she was back in action. I can't wait until she can sit up and we can turn the jets on to make bubbles. Until then, it's the backstroke with lots of splashing.

1 comment:

  1. Tate is loving the big tub too! I'm impressed again from no blog to 2 videos, Wow!

    ReplyDelete